As a small business, your website is a vital piece of your marketing and branding efforts. Grow your bottom line by avoiding many of these common mistakes among business owners:
1) Understanding your target market : You should focus on the targeted marketing rather than focusing on getting your website done as soon as possible, you must first research your target audience in your special market. Then, design your website around your research You’re going to have to determine where should your users go once they get to your site? That question is easily answered if you know your market.
2) Design is too much busy or flashy : A flashy design is good for your business. in order to be successful on the Internet you need to focus on marketing your website — not a flashy design. Your design should not just be focused on bringing users there, but also getting them to the right place once they reach your homepage. When a visitor comes to your website, the probably know what they want out of it.
3) No clear call to action: When a visitor visit your website, Do you want them to buy your product, contact you, or subscribe to your business e-newsletter? You need to tell visitors what the next step is and when (ideally, now!). Your content should answer the question, “What’s in it for me?” and then the call to action tells them what to do next.
4) Paying too little or too much: If you’ve hired a cheap designer for company then it can be a disaster. Finally you have to go to the proper agency to re-design. At the same time, companies get distracted by expensive agencies that work with big brands, and don’t realize these agencies might not be able to help a small business that’s ROI focused. Do your research to ensure you’re receiving a quality product.
5) Trying to target everyone: You can please everyone who visits your websites. This goes back to knowing your target market. It’s best to figure out your most frequent users and focus on creating the best possible experience for them.
When you are a small business owner and you need a website to promote your products, You need to remember that some mistake can ruin your strategy at first place. If you get your website designed wrong, you can easily lose thousands of dollars initially.